Community Guidelines & Code of Conduct 1.0
Community Guidelines and Code of Conduct for Cambiatus members. Cambiatus communities may have additional rules in place, which shall be made clearly available to all members. All members are responsible for knowing and abiding by these rules.
1. Community Guidelines
The digital communities created using Cambiatus webapp are bound by these General Community Guidelines. Each community can also have their own Community Guidelines.
1.1 About members and their accounts
To be a member of a community on Cambiatus you must be a natural person or a legal entity and create an account, directly on the community url or through an invite link from another member.
During the account creation process you must provide a name, a username, an email and a 6 (six) digits pin. The platform will then provide you with your unique 12 (twelve) words and downloadable pdf for your personal storage. Cambiatus is not responsible for your 12 words which are the only means to access your account.
Every member must adhere to our policy of single account per user. Creating multiple accounts is strictly prohibited. Cambiatus reserves the right to authenticate your identity from time to time. We reserve the right to block your account if we suspect you are in violation of our terms and policies.
1.2 About the complementary currencies on Cambiatus
The complementary currencies created using Cambiatus webapp are only intended to be used as an incentive mechanism and medium of exchange between the community members.
The complementary currencies created using Cambiatus webapp are non exchangeable by fiat money and are not intended to be offered for any investments, investment opportunities, a Securities Offering (as defined in the Securities Act of 1933) or as equity.
1.3 About Cambiatus shop or marketplace
Cambiatus shop or marketplace is a tool for community members, intended to facilitate a peer-to-peer exchange of products and services. All offers must be honest and clearly described. All exchanges must be done in the complementary currency and could also add a percentage of the prize in fiat money. Until now, fiat money should be exchanged outside of the platform. Cambiatus is not responsible for the quality or delivery of the products and services exchanged using the webapp.
1.4 About Objectives and Actions
Community objectives and actions are at the core of Cambiatus, and are defined and updated by the team behind each community. By joining a community members agree with those objectives and actions.
1.5 Prohibited content
Cambiatus wants to provide a safe platform for members so please do not engage in any conduct or share any Offers or upload any content on Cambiatus that are illegal, dangerous, discriminatory, obscene, heavily regulated, potentially dangerous or hateful.
Cambiatus reserves the right to remove any Offer or any other content uploaded to the platform, in its sole discretion, that it deems to violate this guideline. This includes any content added to Cambiatus that we deem:
1. Harassing or harassment to Cambiatus or any third party;
4. Hate speech;
6. To be encouraging violence, including but not limited to related to Offers related to weapons or weapon accessories;
8. To reference or encourage illegal acts;
9. To be a lottery or related to gambling;
10. Political fundraising;
11. An invasion of privacy;
12. To involve sex work and sexual services;
13. To involve alcohol, illegal drugs, nicotine, tobacco or vaporizers; or
14. To violate the legal rights of a third party.
2. Code of Conduct
WE ARE RESPECTFUL WITH EACH OTHER
Cambiatus members must treat each other with respect in all communications, both written and verbal. Members should be courteous and considerate with regard to language and always maintain appropriate boundaries. Cambiatus is not responsible for any interactions between members.
When uploading content to the Cambiatus webapp, members must avoid any speech that is or could be construed as slander, libel or defamatory.
If there is a dispute between members, Cambiatus asks that you try to resolve the dispute informally. In the event, you cannot resolve the dispute, please contact us at email@example.com
so we can assist.
WE PRIORITIZE AN HARASSMENT-FREE EXPERIENCE FOR ALL
Cambiatus is dedicated to providing a harassment-free experience for everyone, regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, neurodiversity, body size, age, race, or religion. We do not tolerate harassment of participants in our webapp, slack channels, events, meetings and other activities.
This code of conduct applies to all Cambiatus endeavors, including but not limited to our online and offline activities, Cambiatus members and the communities created using Cambiatus webapp. Anyone who violates this code of conduct may be sanctioned or blocked from any of these spaces.
Cambiatus communities may have additional rules in place, which will be made clearly available to all members. All members are responsible for knowing and abiding by these rules.
Cambiatus defines harassment as:
1. Offensive comments related to gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, mental illness, neuro(a)typicality, physical appearance, body size, age, race, or religion - both online and in person.
2. Unwelcome comments regarding a person’s lifestyle choices and practices, including those related to food, health, parenting, drugs, and employment.
3. Deliberate misgendering or use of ‘dead’ or rejected names.
4. Gratuitous or off-topic sexual images or behaviour in spaces where they’re not appropriate.
5. Physical contact and simulated physical contact (eg, textual descriptions like “*hug*” or “*backrub*”) without consent or after a request to stop.
6. Threats of violence.
7. Incitement of violence towards any individual, including encouraging a person to commit suicide or to engage in self-harm.
8. Deliberate intimidation.
9. Stalking or following.
10. Nonconsensual photography or recording, including logging online activity for harassment purposes.
11. Sustained disruption of discussion.
12. Unwelcome sexual attention.
13. Pattern of inappropriate social contact, such as requesting/assuming inappropriate levels of intimacy with others.
14. Continued one-on-one communication after requests to cease.
15. Deliberate “outing” of any aspect of a person’s identity without their consent except as necessary to protect vulnerable people from intentional abuse.
16. Publication of non-harassing private communication.
REPORTING & ENFORCEMENT
If you see a violation of our code of conduct, please report it to any member of our team or to firstname.lastname@example.org
If the person who is harassing you is on the team, they will recuse themselves from handling your incident. We will respond as promptly as we can.
Participants who are asked to stop any harassing behavior are expected to comply immediately.
If a participant engages in harassing behavior, Cambiatus may take any action they deem appropriate, up to and including expulsion from all Cambiatus endeavors and identification of the participant as a harasser to other members or the general public.
Are you a contributor to Cambiatus on Github?
Make sure to also read our contributing guidelines